Five go wild on the World

The New Zealand family of 5 go travelling freestyle around Europe and the USA for 8 months.

27 January 2007

Thank you and signing out for now. It's been great and a short 8 months of our lives but jam packed -

To those who have read the Blog , hopefully it may have inspired you to follow your dreams instead of talking about them. 'Life is too short' has to be one of my most voiced opinions.

Like any great book I must thank some terrific people and where better than on the internet in public so to speak!

Thanks Wendy, Nicky, Hazel, Glen and Ian for rolling up your sleeves and helping us get our house ready for our tenants, including cleaning of toilets, vacuuming, going to the dump for us and bringing us food and drinks when the cupboards were bare! True friends.

Thanks Bronwyn for nipping into our empty house under cover of darkness before the tenants moved in to video everything 'in case'.

Thanks Cynthia for being a truly wonderful neighbour (unlike some others who shall remain nameless) and looking after our cherished garden.

Thanks Glen and Ian for looking after our mail, our bills, our house, our tenants and everything in between. Giving us beds when we had none. Couldn't have made it without you.

Thanks Barbara for looking after our 2 'babies' (Tosh and Treacle) and Tim's car.

Thanks Mel and Rob for storing just 'some' of Tim's rather large LP collection.

Thanks Barry & Kathy for looking after our 2 other 'babies' Windsor and Little Man.

Thanks Christine and Ross for showing me the way with our new laptop which has been invaluable and introducing me to Blog pages. Also for helping us with the big clear out before we left.

Thanks to all the people we have met for the first time or met again on our travels who have given us their hospitality, their time, their food and sometimes their beds. These times were special and it was nice not to be in yet another hotel room.

Thanks to those of you that emailed and called us and reminded us how we left at the right time due to the bad Wellington winter we missed.

1 Comments:

At 3:08 AM, Anonymous Rebeca said...

Hi, I am 18 and I'm writing you from Italy, I found you blog on the web and I read it all. I just wanted to tell you that I loved your travel idea, especially the fact that you chose to make it with you wonderful childen! And I also loved this blog, that unfortunately I found just now, in 2012... I enjoyed a lot watching all your pictures of places in the world that I've never seen, and reading all the histories behind them! Many many compliments for your travel, your blog and the spirit you had doing all of that!
Greetings from Italy!
Rebeca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home